Recent Fire Damage Posts
Christmas Tree Lighting
Launching off the Christmas season with Peninsula Community Church's fifth annual Christmas tree lighting. Join us Friday, December 4 at 6:30 pm online at pccpv.org/livestream as we gather LIVE for an evening of Christmas songs, and the lightning of our tree while you stay home, all nice and warm.
Here are a few tips that you need to know before setting up your Christmas lights:
- Consider using LED lights instead of incandescent lights.
- Never leave your lights unattended.
- Get rid of old lights.
- Securely fasten all outdoor light strings.
- Avoid using electric lights on metallic trees.
- Be smart in using extension cords.
- Keep your Christmas tree from becoming a fire hazard.
SERVPRO of Palos Verdes is available any time and day of the week. Contact (424) 570-9900. We would like this time of year to be bright and merry, but most importantly safe for the family and friends to cherish.
COVID-19: Clean Surfaces
General cleaning and disinfecting are an imperative part of lessening the risk of exposure to COVID-19. Routine cleaning with soap and water alone can reduce the risk of exposure and is a necessary step before you disinfect dirty surfaces.
Areas frequently touched by multiple people, such as desks, door handles, phones, light switches and faucets, should be cleaned and disinfected daily. More frequent cleaning may be required based on level of use.
Not only do you benefit but doing something to enhance the quality of your health but also with the help to the community that surrounds all of us.
SERVPRO of Palos Verdes services our local community and is equipped to clean and disinfect any home or commercial establishments. Locally owned and can be contacted via phone (424) 570-9900 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Weather the Storm
Winter Season Weather!
Ready for any size disaster and ready to weather the storm. Although heavy rains may impact our neighborhood and often challenging, SERVPRO of Palos Verdes is powered and equipped to 24/7. The winter season is here and here are a few tips of staying warm at home:
- Invest in thermostat radiator valves.
- Maximize you insulation.
- Block out the draughts.
- Use timers on your central heating.
- Wrap up warm
- Use your curtains.
Keep the heating systems clear. A radiator wont produce maximum heat unless air can flow through it. If your room feels chilly, make sure furniture or other items aren't restricting airflow. If you have any questions or concerns in keeping your home warm do not hesitate to give our skilled technicians a call at (424) 570-9900.
Understanding Covid 19
As we are returning to our normal lives we still need to continue to practice safety from washing our hands with water and soap for at least 20 seconds, covering the nose and mouth with the face mask and social distancing. SERVPRO of Palos Verdes offers a state of the art disinfectant service known as Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned (CSC).
Businesses all over the world are taking precautions to protect the people and SERVPRO is always available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If this is something that you are interested in, please do not hesitate to give us a call.
SERVPRO of Palos Verdes is here to help and make it "Like it never even happened."
For a quote please contact (424) 570-9900.
Fire Safety for Kids 2020
Fire Safety for Kids 2020
Every year kids under the age of five have a much higher risk of dying in a residential fire compared to children in other age groups, according to the US Fire Administration. Majority of these fires occurred in homes without smoke detectors.
To protect your kids and family safe, the following are recommended for each home:
- Reduce clutter
- Do Not overload electric outlets, extension cords or wall sockets.
- Never leave burning candles unattended.
- Hide all matches and lighter out of reach of children.
- Make sure all fire extinguishers are conveniently located in your home.
- Replace any electrical outlets.
- Do not use really old appliances.
- Keep an eye on Garage safety.
- Keeping your clothes dryer system proper maintenance.
- Replace circuit breakers with arc-fault circuit interrupters.
2020 Women in Restoration
Honoring the Best of the Best in Restoration!
Women are taking more remarkable roles in the restoration industry every year. This year's 2020 Recognizing Women in Restoration campaign is the award's fifth anniversary. This is all about finding and recognizing leading ladies in all positions within the restoration industry.
Women are creating a new voice in the restoration industry and generating new ideas and ways restoration companies should be run.
Here are the requirements to this years campaign:
- Women have to have at least 10 years experience in the restoration business.
- Women can nominate themselves or by a colleague.
- Include any images, references and so on you feel will help strengthen the profile submission.
- Any questions to email the R&R Editor Michelle Blevins at: email@example.com
Deadline for entries is: Friday, February 28, 2020
Stay or Go
Evacuate of Shelter in Place?
In a wildfire or earthquake, do you evacuate or shelter in place? Palos Verdes Peninsula CERT is sponsoring a free talk on Thursday, January 23 at 7:00 pm covering a "Stay or Go." An open forum for a Q & A mainly geared mainly toward the inexperienced Peninsula resident who is unprepared, which is unfortunately includes many of us.
Topics will include what it takes to be ready to Evacuate your family as well as what you need to do to be ready to Shelter in place. Learn simple steps you can take today to protect yourself, your family and your home.
Location: Hesse Park
29301 Hawthorne Blvd.
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA. 90275
This event is FREE for all Peninsula residents.
Small Brush Fire in Palos Verdes Estates
Palos Verdes Brush Fire!
On the 2700 block of Paseo Del Mar in Palos Verdes Estates, a brush fire broke into flames but was doused quickly burning less than two acres. Fire and police officials quickly on the scene of the fire a little after 6 am. Road closure was needed in the area while the firefighters battled the blaze.
Fire helicopter were on site within ten minutes along with the Palos Verdes Police Department. A little after an hour the fire was then declared 100 percent contained.
It is safe to notify the Lunada Bay area and its surrounding areas that there were no structure damaged and all the local citizens are safe along with pets.
For any fire damage cleanup call SERVPRO of Palos Verdes for a quote at 424-570-9900.
Fire Clean Up in Los Angeles!
Cleaning up after the fire!
As most of the fires from Simi Valley, Ca to Ventura county are mostly contained, and the ashes have settled. The realization of building or cleaning up after fire effects can be stressful.
With SERVPRO of Palos Verdes always ready to help available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to our nearby locals.
Here are some tips that you need to know about any Fire Damage Cleanup:
- Fire causes reactions that release noxious and even deadly chemicals that can contaminate other parts of the building. A MUST is top always protect and decontaminate yourself with personal protective equipment.
- Try not to pose yourself for any risk by gutting or or cleaning up any debris. Please refer to any professionals for any cleanup.
Update: Los Angeles Getty Fire
Los Angeles Getty Fire 2019
Los Angeles was engulfed with the Getty Wildfire and is till this date 79% contained. With the cause of the fire being from an accident start, caused by a tree branch that broke off and subsequently landed in nearby power lines during the high winds of Santa Ana. Thankfully there were no civilian injuries.
But there was about 15 homes that have been damaged and 10 homes that have been destroyed. Realizing that the remediation to these properties will be stressful SERVPRO of Palos Verdes is ready to help.
To make life easier for our fellow LA residents, give us a call and request for a quote at (424) 570-9900. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Serving the Rancho Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Palos Verdes Estates area.
Palos Verdes Celebrates Fall Festival 2019
Fall Festival 2019
Fall Festival 2019
Palos Verdes homeowners have a new fall activity to enjoy at the South Coast Botanic Garden 2019. October 12 and 13 from 11 am- 5 pm. This is a great opportunity to celebrate all things Fall. this would include garden themed jewelry, artwork, food and drinks (available on purchase) The Festival will be featuring pieces from "Hide and Seek: Art Meets Nature," The Garden's new art exhibit. This is a special season at the Garden and will include games and activities for all ages, fall wares, and seasonal harvest beer and wine.
Also for fun you will be able to hop on the tram for a free ride to and from the tram of the festival. There will be a Garden Craft sale and will feature a pumpkin beer for sale.
This event is free with your paid Membership or you can purchase a general admission ticket for $9 adults, $6 seniors, $4 children 5-12 and anyone under 4 is free.
Located at South Coast Botanic Garden at 26300 Crenshaw Blvd., Palos Verdes Peninsula.
Before SERVPRO Arrives
Once SERVPRO of Palos Verdes is dispatched for a fire emergency service here are a few tips before we arrive:
- Place any dry towels in all carpeted walk ways to prevent any secondary soiling.
- Limit any kind of movement at the location to prevent any sediments in growing.
- To protect any chrome trim to provide a light coat of lubricant.
- Do not try to clean any furniture or upholstery unless first consulting a SERVPRO professional.
- Do not try to was wash or clean any of the walls and first to contact a SERVPRO professional.
- Last but not the lease to also not clean any electrical appliances without consulting a SERVPRO professional.
Locally owned and available 24 hours 7 days a week for any emergency services give us a call at 424-570-9900.
Palos Verdes Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Home.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home and walls, causing hidden damage and odor. At SERVPRO of Palos Verdes, our smoke/soot damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke:
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Palos Verdes will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services:
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 424-570-9900