Fire Safety for Kids 2020
Every year kids under the age of five have a much higher risk of dying in a residential fire compared to children in other age groups, according to the US Fire Administration. Majority of these fires occurred in homes without smoke detectors.
To protect your kids and family safe, the following are recommended for each home:
- Reduce clutter
- Do Not overload electric outlets, extension cords or wall sockets.
- Never leave burning candles unattended.
- Hide all matches and lighter out of reach of children.
- Make sure all fire extinguishers are conveniently located in your home.
- Replace any electrical outlets.
- Do not use really old appliances.
- Keep an eye on Garage safety.
- Keeping your clothes dryer system proper maintenance.
- Replace circuit breakers with arc-fault circuit interrupters.