Summer Time Fun
Summer is here!
Summertime in California can be an exciting time, even during a pandemic we are managing to still enjoy the little things we used to. Swimming, Barbecues, and bonfires are amongst the best pastimes enjoyed here in SoCal. While that all seems quite fun, it is important to remember that being cautious is still part of that fun. When participating in such activities like a backyard bonfire or BBQ remember these few tips to ensure a safe and memorable experience:
-Make sure the fire pit is far enough from any home dwelling in an open area (same for the BBQ)
- Make sure only a knowledgeable adult is tending the fire or BBQ
-Do not overexert the fire more than is needed keeping the pile at 5’x5’ to keep the flames containable
- Make sure to have some water source nearby in case the fire gets out of hand
- Do not throw anything into the fire such as aerosols, canisters, or anything that contains foam or paint
- Make sure the wood you are using is dry and seasoned with no coating or anything attached to it
- When done with the bonfire make sure to douse with water and turnover the charred material with a metal shovel
While summer memories are usually great, sometimes there are unexpected situations. Here at SERVPRO of Palos Verdes our trained and professional technicians are equipped to help you during those summertime mishaps. We want to make sure we get you and your loved ones back at it and having fun as quickly as possible after any kind of unplanned home disaster.