Mold Vs. Mildew
Let’s face it – nobody likes to live in dark and dank conditions, where both mold and
mildew abound. It is not only unhealthy for the inhabitants, but it also wreaks a
destructive path across the structure as well as the items within the home like food,
leather shoes and coats. Both mold and mildew are considered types of fungi and it will
help if you are able to tell the difference so that the proper and effective treatment can
be dispensed. Mildew is a type of mold, but the same does not apply in the opposite
direction as not all …
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even in your clothing or family pet.
- Mold spores live on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow when exposed to water. These mold spores may produce allergies.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be taken care of. Otherwise, the mold will return.
- Mold has a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Also high indoor humidity can cause mold growth. Always try to keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Palos Verdes can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Call SERVPRO of Palos Verdes
The mold cleanup and restoration process begins when you call SERVPRO of Palos Verdes. A representative will ask a series of questions to help determine the necessary equipment, resources, and personnel needed.
SERVPRO of Palos Verdes cleans your furniture, decorative items, and other restorable items affected by mold. They use a variety of cleaning techniques to clean and sanitize your belongings. They are also trained to remove odors and deodorize using fogging equipment.
Depending on the level of mold damage, drywall, subfloors, and other building materials may be removed.
SERVPRO of Palos Verdes understands mold and mold growth and has the training and equipment to remediate mold in your home or business.